Personal Reflection

Through the journey of Effective Communication, I have seen myself learning something new each day I step into Professor Brad’s class. Prior to the module, I have set 2 goals in mind to achieve at the end of the day - to polish my writing skills and present myself confidently. Personally, I feel that this module has many takeaway points that I could apply in the coming years.

To start off, I have learnt the proper way of writing a summary, formal email and technical report. This module emphasized on the significance of proper in-text citation and referencing. The constructive feedbacks that Professor Brad and my classmates have given me through peer evaluation has allowed me to learn from my mistakes and grow as a person. Writing has always been my weakness in language due to insufficient exposure to good English words. The links given has been very practical and useful in my writing. I am grateful for this blog writing as a platform to enhance my learning. The constant reminders on the importance of APA citations will be something that would be etched in my mind for years, I believe.

It was regretful that my team was not able to present during the presentation showcase as we felt that there are too many things to improve on our focus. Despite being unable to present at the presentation showcase, I still had the opportunity to present in front of the class twice. This experience has been very meaningful as I have learnt tips on how to present myself better. One of which that I have learnt is that presentation slides are not the main thing in presenting. I was told that being able to portray and deliver my pitch well is the foundation of any presentation. This made an impact on me as I have always depend on slides during the presentation. As an audience at the presentation showcase, it has made me realized how competent and well-prepared the team is for the presentation. I could see the effort being poured in their research and how they are able to get out of their comfort zone.

Additionally, I also had the opportunity to be on the showcase planning committee. This experience has been meaningful as I get to work with my friends from different classes. Being in the organizing committee has allowed me to take on the leadership role giving an eye-opening experience in my learning.

All in all, this module has benefited me in many ways. I really enjoyed this module and thankful for having Professor Brad as my module professor. I would like to end this article by thanking Professor Brad for his constant guidance and interactive teaching that made it possible for me to reach my goals. Also, thanks to my teammates Joel and Yuan Kai who has been going through the technical report journey with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1: Self-Introduction (Formal Letter)

Annotated Summary

[#Draft1] Summary Article "Tapping Tech for Smoother Traffic"